Apple has finally wrapped up its Worldwide Developer Conference 2022 with a slew of hardware and software announcements.
Let’s take a look at all the new goodies that were announced. The star of the show was undoubtedly the new MacBook Air, which features a completely redesigned chassis and some seriously impressive specs.
There was also a new MacBook Pro unveiled, as well as an M2 chip that is destined to revolutionize mobile computing.
But that’s not all – iPhone users are in for a treat too, thanks to some awesome new software features.
Keep reading for all the details.
What’s new with the MacBook Air M2?
- First and foremost, it features an all-new design that is thinner, lighter, and more powerful than ever before.
- The bezels have been shrunken down to almost nothing, and the 13.6-inch Retina display is absolutely gorgeous.
- Under the hood, you’ll find Apple’s latest M2 chip, which offers incredible speed and performance.
- In terms of battery life, the new MacBook Air can last up to 18 hours on a single charge – that’s seriously impressive.
- Pricing for the new MacBook Air starts at $1,199, making it one of the most affordable laptops on the market.
- After several years apple re-introduced the MagSafe charging port, which is a huge plus.
- Now, it has a 1080p front-facing camera, which is perfect for video calls and conferences.
All in all, the new MacBook Air is an excellent choice for anyone in the market for a new laptop.
What’s new with the MacBook Pro M2?
There is nothing new about the design of the MacBook Pro.
- It comes with the same 13-inch Retina display and Touch Bar that we’ve come to know and love.
- However, there is a new M2-series processor under the hood, which offers enhanced performance.
- The price for the MacBook Pro starts at $1299, making it slightly more expensive than the Air.
- But, if you need the extra power, it’s definitely worth the investment.
- As for new features, the biggest one is undoubtedly the inclusion of Apple’s new M2-series processor.
- This chip offers incredible speed and performance, making it a great choice for power users.
- In terms of battery life, the MacBook Pro can last up to 20 hours on a single charge – that’s pretty impressive.
- Another nice touch is the inclusion of a 1080p front-facing camera, which is perfect for video calls and conferences.
Overall, the new MacBook Pro is a great choice for anyone in the market for a new laptop.
What’s new with iOS 16?
While there weren’t any new hardware announcements, Apple did unveil some seriously impressive software updates for the iPhone.
The biggest new feature is undoubtedly iOS 16, which brings a host of new features and improvements.
Users get more options for personalizing their lock screen by choosing a font and color that are more suited to them. It also allows users to shuffle their daily photos or select colorful animations as their background images.
You’ll be able to use the notifications panel on the lock screen to see who’s calling or messaging you without worrying about them covering up your beautiful background photo.
To allow users to choose how to filter notifications on their lock screen, the focus feature will be extended to the lock screen.
Apple added features to modify iMessages and unsend and unread threads on iMessage.
- It will be easier to switch between typing and dictation once the software upgrade is completed.
- Live Text has been improved to make it simpler to get text from photographs.
- With the iPhone, tiny retailers will have a new method to accept Apple Pay directly from a tap.
- There will be a new pay later option.
- Apple made it simpler to see transportation costs in travel instructions on Maps.
- The Family Sharing platform will have an easier method for creating new devices with parental controls turned on.
- A new common iCloud library will make sharing photos with family and friends much easier.
- A “Safety Check” center, as Apple put it, will enable users to promptly remove location access from other people, a function that Apple claims are intended to help victims of domestic abuse regain control.
- More complete smart home controls will be available.
- Several manufacturers will release new vehicle models with CarPlay integration, which will enable drivers to regulate the air conditioning, radio, and other functions. The updates will be available by late next year for existing models.
What’s new with macOS Ventura?
If you are a MAC user, there are plenty of new features to get excited about in macOS Ventura.
- Users may more simply arrange open windows with the stage manager tool. It puts applications together on one side and allows users to switch between groupings of various windows.
- The Mac’s Spotlight search bar has more results. You can also take actions such as setting a timer.
- Mail will have the ability to search through your sent messages and undo them.
- Websites can create tab groups on the Safari browser’s Shared tab, allowing users to share collections of links with their friends.
- Passkeys offers a way to create a password without using a keyboard. This can be done with your fingerprint on TouchID.
- You may now use your iPhone as a webcam.
What’s new with iPad OS16?
There is also good news for iPad users as well.
The new features of iPadOS 16 include:
- Two people can collaborate on iPads with the new program. Users may converse with each other or arrange a FaceTime session to talk about what they’re working on. They may also view which tabs individuals are viewing in the tabs bar.
- Later this year, Apple will release a new app called Freeform. It’s a collaborative whiteboard program that allows people to work on the same document at the same time. For years, it has been possible in Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
- Stage Manager, which will eventually enable you to overlay applications and alter window dimensions, is now being rolled out. This implies you’ll be able to see more of your open apps at once, albeit not as many as on a Mac or Windows PC. It’s obvious that Apple is still working to keep iPad software features distinct from those on the Mac.
- You can accomplish more when you connect an external monitor to an iPad with an M1 chip. Apple claimed that you’ll be able to move your mouse and keyboard over to the external display and use multiple programs at the same time.
Apple Also Announced The All-New Pay later Service
Apple announced a new pay later service that will be available to users. The service will be available by late next year and will allow users to make purchases and then pay for them later.
This is a great option for those who want to make a purchase but may not have the funds immediately available.
The New Watch OS
Another big announcement from Apple was the new watchOS. The new watchOS will have a lot of new features that are sure to please users.
- One of the most notable new features is the ability to track your fitness and activity level. The new watchOS will also have a better interface and be more user-friendly.
- Another great feature is the ability to use Apple Pay with your watch. You will also be able to use Siri with your watch, which is a great addition.
- The new watchOS will be available for all Apple Watch models later this year.
What’s New In The M2 Chip?
Last year, Apple released the M1 chip. This year, they announced the M1 chip’s successor, the M2. The M2 is faster and more energy-efficient than its predecessor. It also has a new image processor that enables better photos and videos.
Overall, the WWDC 2022 was a great event. Apple announced a lot of new products and features that are sure to please users. We can’t wait to see what they have in store for us next year.
Do you have any thoughts on the WWDC 2022?
Share them with us in the comments below.
Leave a Reply